Diabetes can have a significant impact on your feet, so seeing a podiatrist at least once a year is an important part of managing your condition and preventing complications. If you do experience a problem with your feet, your podiatrist is the best-qualified physician to treat it.
When you add a podiatrist to your health-care team, he or she can provide you with important information so you're better able to manage the effects of diabetes on your feet. If you are looking for a podiatrist in your area, check out our Find a Podiatrist tool.
Whether you've been diagnosed recently or have been fighting the disease for years, the resources below will help you to monitor your feet and prevent complications.
- An Overview: What is diabetes ? What is peripheral arterial disease ? What is peripheral neuropathy ? What is a diabetic foot ulcer ?
- How Diabetes Affects Your Health: Watch this short video to learn how diabetes can affect your overall health.
- Diabetes Footwear and Products: View our podiatrist-approved products for managing and treating diabetes.
- Outsmarting Diabetes: Take a look at this suite of videos that highlights how today's podiatrists are developing and using smart medicine to help their patients with diabetes.
- Join the Conversation: Follow us on Twitter , Facebook , Google+ , Pinterest , and LinkedIn to hear more about topics related to diabetes and foot health year-round.