Posts for tag: non-invasive
The Nationals have placed Ryan Zimmerman on the 10-day DL with a plantar fasciitis injury. Zimmerman suffered the injury making a leaping catch on Tuesday against the Rockies. He took a day of Wednesday and played on it Friday and Saturday. He then received an MRI on Sunday because the pain started bothering him. Manager Dave Martinez said they are going to get him treatment and keep him off it for 10 days.
Even though I’m not a treating physician for him, I would speculate that since he’s taking 10 days off, it’s probably either Tenex or Tenjet procedure he is having. The recuperation is about 10 days for either procedure.
They both provide the following:
- Quick pain relief
- Rapid return to normal activities
- Local anesthetic used instead of general anesthesia
- No sutures, no stitches (requires only a small, adhesive bandage)
- 20-minute, noninvasive procedure (not open surgery)
- Coverage by most insurances
Learn more about Tenex